Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mascara Mayhem!

This week its all about my peepers, that's right, it's time for a new mascara. The old one is as dry as Mose's sandal, so off I pop for a new one....easy right? Oh no, mascara mayhem ensues.....


So I am part of the long lash brigade. I have ones like a cow on hair hormones or once someone told me they were like Miss Piggys (honest to God, didn't know if it was a compliment or an insult!)


You can see what I mean, but therein lies the problem...which mascara makes my peepers pop?

I have tried most cult brands, and I have come to the conclusion that it's all in the WAND.

Here are the usual different types in picture :




Starting from left to right:
1. "The General"  - suitable for long lashes looking for volume
2. "The Sleek Chic" - smaller bristles to really seperate thick lashes
3. "The Undecided" - has both comb and bristles for you to decide which is right
4. "The Comb" - most suitable for  short lashes as it really gets to the root of the eyelash and lifts from there.

There has been a new development from Benefit in the shape of the "They're Real" mascara. I have tried it, but I'm not sure it's worth the price :(

Yes, as you can see the ingenius little head on the top of the wand does help to seperate the lashes, but the brush itself is a little wimpy in bristle size, and just does not seperate my lashes enough itself.
our #1 mascara
So to end the sad story, I did what most women do when in a crisis, I went back to my old favourite show stealer:

Volum' Express® The Colossal Washable Mascara

An excellent choice for my long lash type, no clumps, good brush and it stays put even when it's not waterproof.

TIP :

When your applying your mascara, brush down from the eyelash to towrds the eye once first, then up twice to make sure you cover all hairs :)

 

Loving today: My Chanel Au Fraiche perfume,

Leaving today : Cold and early mornings


What's your favorite mascara, let me know here :)


2 comments:

  1. I always use a zig zag motion when im applying mascara!a mascara comb is always handy when you want to seperate the hairs!LOVE the blog fi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have shit eyelashes like me I say FAKE IT!!

      Delete