Well then my lovelies, a dead doll is the look for you this Halloween season, and here is how you can do it in 20 mins flat:
1. Put liquid latex over your eyebrows, (yes I'm serious), then put a layer from the corner of your mouth up towards your temples, think the Joker from Batman. Let it dry until stickiness is gone, and it feels just like plastic on your face.
2. Apply a luminous heavy foundation all over your face, (including your covered eyebrows even your lips, how weird do you look????), let dry and then apply a second layer. This is to really achieve the flawless doll look and will look much better in pictures.
3. Set with powder, don't afraid to be heavy handed with the powder as the products will need something to grab on-to later on.
4. Use a white eye pencil to white out your lash line and then create a circle under your eyes to make them more round. The circle should begin in your tear duct and end at your outer lash, you only need to make them more round, not larger.
5. Fill in the circle with white liner, heavy white eyeshadow (matte) or my favourite, white facepaint.
6. Line the "round eyes" with black liner, cut false lashes down to lower lash size and apply to the black liner under your eye, as bottom lashes. Then draw on eyebrows, just above your real ones, use an angle brush and a brown eyeshadow, but remember they don't have to look real, but they do need to look exactly the same on both sides. (That did take me a while to get right, symmetry is not a strength of mine!)
Check out this picture for the look:
|This was the trial run, I used pencil which didn't work as well as the white face paint.|
6. Apply a pink eyeshadow(or any colour you like really) on your lids, for me it didn't really matter as my fringe mostly covered it. You could also leave them bare for a real Barbie look.
6. The eyes are the most important part for making you look like a doll, so you can clump two or three sets of false lashes together for the top lashes, and apply them as close to the lash line as possible. This really adds to the doll-like roundness of your super creepy eyes!
7. Contour your cheeks and apply a rosy colour to the apples to make them look more rounded (you can add a few freckles if your going to be a rag-doll)
8. Apply a lip liner to the lips, going just outside your natural lipline to make them slightly bigger and unnatural looking, or you can just draw on smaller lips, Geisha style.
9. This is the fun part!!!!!!! Using your finger nail scratch at the middle of the plastic latex, tearing and ripping it a little. Then apply a read lip stain along the lines, it totally looks like scars and blood :) If you have fake blood lying around, you can pour a little on, and let it run through the "scar".
10. Do your hair in whichever doll style you like (pigtails is defo easiest), choose your dolliest clothes grab your knife and your bunny, and hey presto, your a walking talking living.....well Undead Doll!!
I hope you liked my Undead Doll tutorial, if you have any questions, please add a comment, or a suggestion to change something.
Happy Halloween everyone :)